Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secret Treaties (1974)

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Secret Treaties
Artist: Blue Öyster Cult
Genre: Rock
Released: 1974

Tracks:
1 - Career of Evil - 3:59
2 - Subhuman - 4:37
3 - Dominance and Submission - 5:22
4 - ME 262 - 4:44
5 - Cagey Cretins - 3:16
6 - Harvester of Eyes - 4:40
7 - Flaming Telepaths - 5:18
8 - Astronomy - 6:27

Overview:
Secret Treaties is the third studio album by the American hard rock band Blue Öyster Cult, released in 1974.

Secret Treaties is regarded by many fans and critics alike as Blue Öyster Cult's best album. The album spent 14 weeks in the US album charts, peaking at No. 53. It was declared gold by the RIAA in 1992.

In 1975, a poll of critics of the British magazine Melody Maker voted Secret Treaties as the "Top Rock Album of All Time". In 2010, Rhapsody (online music service) called it one of the all-time best "proto-metal" albums.

The cover, with art by Ron Lesser, depicts the band standing beside and sitting on and besides a German Me262 fighter aircraft; this scene is inspired by the song of the same name.

Many songs from this album found their way into BOC playlists over the following years, including "Career of Evil", "Subhuman", "Astronomy" and "Harvester of Eyes".

brenluvbirds

about 13 yrs ago I asked my dear friend (who brought me to this site!) if he knew Mommy off of Blue Oyster Cult's SECRET TREATIES album. I had bought it on CD but he had the original vinyl so I don't think it was on there as it had been a previous "unrelease". for those of you who've never heard it, here 'tis.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB