Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Psychedelic rock (or stoner, if you prefer) of the past & present

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Talking about Hole, their talented bass player Melissa auf der Maur, went solo some years ago and I don't regret she did....she morphed into a perfect psychedelic nymph with this song.

More Melissa ...

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2E3828F9E8A545BA
Much better than a Courtney Love fronted band. In fact, after a full listen, I rather like this song. I will definitely dig into more Melissa.

Monster Magnet is a super psych rock outfit with Dave Wyndorf on vocals and Ed Mundell on guitar. Dave Wyndorf has
always said that he was inspired by Dave Brock & Hawkwind ....and you can hear that in their songs :)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I got one for you....

KIng Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard. Psych/acid rock from Australia

Rattlesnake

Crumbling Castle

Road Train

I got one for you....

KIng Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard. Psych/acid rock from Australia

Rattlesnake

Crumbling Castle

Road Train
Hi Magic.....ty , but for some obscure reason, this Aussie outfit just doesn't tickle my fancy , as to say :)....I have the same negative feelings like when I listened to Ozric Tentacles the first time.....I just do not like the arrangements and ultra electronics used by these above-mentioned bands....I mean, electric psychedelia is ok of course, but not cold electronica dumped I'm there just for fun.....it's not what psychedelia is all about actually. It seems to me that some psych bands have substituted fuzz, Hammonds and Farfisas, Vox guitars, etc with electronic machines, which, frankly speaking, is killing true psychedelia.
With regards to OZ psych bands, I tend to like Tame Impala (not too much) and Dolly Rocker Movement, just to name 2 outfits..