Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pat Travers - Swing (2019)

Lynch

1583031002246.png

I'd suggest this for anyone that likes Travers and even more so if you like big band / swing music. There are some great renditions of some old classics with a good Travers' flare to them. Some rockabilly mixed in. Overall, a very enjoyable album, by ears. It's a short album, but well worth the listen if you can find it. This really is not "hard rock", but I put the thread here since he's a well known rock guitarist. Feel free to move elsewhere if need be.

Track Listing:
1) Sing Sing Sing
2) Opus One
3) Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby
4) In the Mood
5) Take the "A" Train
6) Let the Good Times Roll
7) Apple Honey
8) Tenderly

I know that @Magic is a fan of Travers. Check this one out when/if you have some time.

The old Glenn Miller classic - In the Mood

Sing Sing Sing

Let the Good Times Roll

(love the heartfelt guitar playing on the final track)
Tenderly

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool find! I wasn’t aware Pat Travers put out an album in 2019...let alone him play big band/swing style. Honestly, I would like to see more of this swing / bluesy stuff....it feels ultra modern. Or maybe it’s just me being an old music hag but the songs you posted just don’t feel like old style big band.

gonna move this to “other rock favorites”