Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrash Metal Meshuggah

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
meshuggah-2022.jpg

Official Website

Current Members:

Albums:

Meshuggah is a thrash metal/progressive metal/avant-garde metal band from Sweden that formed in 1987.

Their newest album, Immutable, was released April 2022.

attachment-Meshuggah-Immutable-.jpeg

Broken Cog

The Abysmal Eye

Mr. Gregory

The godfathers of djent. They're one of the first metal bands that I got into. It's been a minute since I last listened to them. I have fond memories of listening to them while playing the 2012 SSX game on my Xbox 360 and trying to set new personal best times.

Sounds like I might have to give Immutable a listen. The Violent Sleep of Reason didn't grab me like that when I tried to listen to it back when it first came out, so I never got into it. I like the rest of their albums, though. The first one I listened to was obZen, so that one will always be particularly special to me, but they're all great.

Here are a few of my favorite songs of theirs, although picking these is an impossible decision:

New Millennium Cyanide Christ (from Chaosphere)

Spasm (from Nothing)

Everyone's favorite, Bleed (from obZen)

And my favorite out of this bunch, Swarm (from Koloss)