Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry Christmas!

brenluvbirds

Happy New Year everyone!
Hope everyone had a good holiday. I ran across a British folk band that I wonder if our friend “Speed King” was aware of or even familiar with. I’d never heard of them before but they had hits in the early 1970’s. They are called "Steeleye Span".
One song I found I like is their rendition of an old Christmas carol from the sixteenth century titled “Gaudete” and is sung in Latin. Very beautiful melody.
I’ve been keeping in contact with members of “Speed King’s” family and learned his mother Barbara also passed away in December--she had been ill. But he and his mom are in heaven together and she’s probably up there in heaven doing her craft stuff while Brian is strumming away on his guitar!

Steeleye Span were a cool band, but I never indulged in their music much. Probably I was into more intensive stuff in that period.
Anyway, hope you had the best of festive seasons last year :)!!