Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrash Metal MEGADETH

SiphonOfDestruction

Current Lineup
Dave Mustaine
David Ellefson
Kiki Loureiro
Dirk Verbeuren

Album Discography
Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good! (1985)
Peace Sells... but Who's Buying? (1986)
So Far, So Good... So What! (1988)
Rust in Peace (1990)
Countdown to Extinction (1992)
Youthanasia (1994)
Cryptic Writings (1997)
Risk (1999)
The World Needs a Hero (2001)
The System Has Failed (2004)
United Abominations (2007)
Endgame (2009)
Thirteen (2011)
Super Collider (2013)

Dystopia (2016)

Official Website: Megadeth

Taken from Wikipedia...
Megadeth is an American heavy metal band from Los Angeles, California. Guitarist Dave Mustaine and bassist David Ellefson formed the band in 1983 shortly after Mustaine's dismissal from Metallica. A pioneer of the American thrash metal scene, Megadeth is credited as one of the genre's "big four," along with Metallica, Anthrax, and Slayer, responsible for thrash metal's development and popularization. Megadeth plays in a technical style, featuring complex arrangements and fast rhythm sections. Themes of death, war, politics, and religion are prominent in the song lyrics.

Last edited:

SiphonOfDestruction

Musically, I think Megadeth is absolutely one of the best metal acts of all time. Vocally, Mustaine's nasally delivery gets to me after just a few songs.
I think some songs are worse than others... But his vocals on the track "In My Darkest Hour" are hauntingly beautiful, in a way.

Last edited:

Riff_Raff

Megadeth's newest one The Sick, The Dying and the Dead is an awesome record with some bangers like Night Stalkers ft Ice T.

Latest posts