Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gothic Lacuna Coil

Riff_Raff

Official Website
Lacuna Coil Wikipedia

Genre - Gothic Metal/Alternative Metal
Formed - 1994

Current members
  • Andrea Ferro — male vocals (1994–present)
  • Marco Coti Zelati — bass, keyboards (1994–present), guitars (2015–2016)
  • Cristina Scabbia — female vocals (1996–present)
  • Diego "Didi" Cavalotti — guitars (2016–present)
  • Richard Meiz — drums (2019–present)

Studio albums

Have been a fan of them for years and enjoy their album diversity especially among their first 3-4 albums. Recent albums even have had a lot of great moments on them and I am keen to hear their upcoming album Black Anima.

Last edited:

Mr. Gregory

They're a solid band. Everyone says their earlier stuff is better, but I can't speak to that because I'm only really familiar with their later stuff. The first album of theirs that I listened to was Dark Adrenaline. I really liked it - it's good, radio-friendly hard rock. I hated Broken Crown Halo at first, but it grew on me a little over time. I haven't listened to Delirium for a while, and I'm not sure if I even got through the whole thing. I need to go back and listen to it again. I do remember it having a much heavier sound and being hailed as a "return to form" of sorts.

As for their earlier stuff, judging from your samples, I at least need to go back and listen to their first two albums. Circle is a good song, as is Heir of a Dying Day. I tried listening to Comalies and Karmacode when I first got into the band after Dark Adrenaline came out, but I couldn't get into those at the time. My musical ear has grown a lot since then, so if I listened to those albums today, I'm almost certain that I'd come to a different conclusion.

Here are some of my favorite newer songs of theirs.

Upsidedown (from Dark Adrenaline)

Intoxicated (my favorite song from Dark Adrenaline)

Zombies (from Broken Crown Halo)

Hostage to the Light (my favorite song from Broken Crown Halo)

Riff_Raff

Comalies and Karmacode will likely hit you better than the first time. It did for me. Comalies remains my favourite LC record today. That said I do dig their newer material also.

Mr. Gregory

I sat down and listened to In a Reverie this past weekend while playing some Dead or Alive 6. I liked it. The riffs (and the instrumentation overall) are punchy and hard-hitting, which is exactly what I like to hear from bands like them that ride that fine line between hard rock and heavy metal. Circle is a really good song.

Mr. Gregory

Comalies and Karmacode will likely hit you better than the first time. It did for me. Comalies remains my favourite LC record today. That said I do dig their newer material also.
Comalies definitely did. I listened to it in its entirety today while playing FIFA 20 (with the commentary off, of course, so I could concentrate on the music). I honestly have no idea why I didn't like it before. I guess my ears just weren't ready at the time.

I'll probably check out Karmacode tomorrow.