Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrash Metal Kreator

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Kreator2012.jpg

Official Website

Current Members:

Discography:

Kreator is a German Thrash Metal band that formed in 1982. They are considered one of the "Big 4" of Thrash Metal along with Destruction, Sodom and Tankard.

Kreator working on new album

Riff_Raff

Kreator are one of those bands where even their experimental 90s output was actually pretty decent. They did some Gothic, Industrial tinged albums that I thought were underrated. Their 1980s and early 90s run of thrash was spectacular especially albums like Pleasure to Kill. For me though their best came in the more recent albums like Phantom Antichrist and Gods of Violence. They border on melodeath in some aspects on those discs.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Kreator are one of those bands where even their experimental 90s output was actually pretty decent. They did some Gothic, Industrial tinged albums that I thought were underrated. Their 1980s and early 90s run of thrash was spectacular especially albums like Pleasure to Kill. For me though their best came in the more recent albums like Phantom Antichrist and Gods of Violence. They border on melodeath in some aspects on those discs.
I never thought I would ever say this but I have become fond of melodeath. My exploration has taken me to some weird and exciting listening…..Most recent are Torn Arteries & Coherence. I’m open for recs!

Riff_Raff

I never thought I would ever say this but I have become fond of melodeath. My exploration has taken me to some weird and exciting listening…..Most recent are Torn Arteries & Coherence. I’m open for recs!
I'd also check out bands like Insomnium, In Mourning, Soen.

Last edited: