Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Gang

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website: The James Gang (No Official Website)

Members:

Joe Walsh
Dale Peters
Jim Fox

Albums:

Yer' Album (1969)
James Gang Ride Again (1970)
Thirds (1971)
Straight Shooter (1972)
Passin' Through (1972)
Bang (1973)
Miami (1974)
Newborn (1975)
Jesse Come Home (1976)

The James Gang was a rock band formed in Cleveland, Ohio in 1966. The original members were drummer Jim Fox, bassist Tom Kriss and guitarist Glen Schwartz.

In 1969, Joe Walsh replaced Schwartz when he left the band to join Pacific Gas & Electric. The band then released its debut album Yer' Album. In 1970, the band released its second album The James Gang Rides Again which included the hit single "Funk #49"; Dale Peters had replaced Kriss on bass. The band opened for The Who during a tour of Great Britain. After two more albums, Thirds, with the single "Walk Away", and Live in Concert, Walsh left the band to perform solo, later joining The Eagles.

Vocalist Roy Kenner and guitarist Dominic Troiano then joined the band. Troiano left to join The Guess Who and was replaced by Tommy Bolin. Bolin left in 1974 to replace Ritchie Blackmore in Deep Purple. The band broke up in 1976 after a final recording, Jesse Come Home, which referred to the band's namesake, the outlaw Jesse James. Jim Fox was the only remaining member of the original trio.

The band reunited with Walsh to perform at an election rally for Bill Clinton in 1996 and at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in February 2001.

Glenn Schwartz can now be found playing guitar and singing Thursday nights at "Major Hooples" in the flats, Cleveland.

Last edited:

Mr. Gregory

Test Drive Unlimited is a driving game that I used to play all the time. It had different radio stations that you could listen to while you were driving, and one of them played nothing but old school funk/soul/Motown type music. That was the only in-game music that I listened to. One of the songs on there was James Gang's Funk #49. :)

I like that and Walk Away. I'm not too familiar with anything else they've done.