Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Metal Gamma Ray

Magic

Administrator
Staff member

Official Website

Members:

Albums:

Wikipedia said:
Gamma Ray is a power metal band from Hamburg, northern Germany, founded and fronted by Kai Hansen after his departure from the German power metal band Helloween. Hansen is the current lead vocalist, guitarist as well as the chief songwriter of Gamma Ray. The band is known as one of the most prominent bands of the German heavy metal scene
I had an online friend who absolutely loved this band. This friend was the one who got me started on power metal / heavy metal. My first introduction was Helloween then I graduated to Gamma Ray. I didn't know where to begin with Gamma Ray, so I did some looking and saw good reviews of "No World Order", and it was compared to a Judas Priest collision with Iron Maiden and spiced with Metallica. I thought, "that sounds like something I would like".

BTW, Gamma Ray has awesome album cover art.

Honestly, you have to listen to this album from the beginning to get the full concept story, of world dominance by secret societies and the Illuminati.

Damn the Machine......see if you recognize who this sounds like? :cool:

Heaven or Hell

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Sigh No More celebrated its 30th birthday September 2021.

Wikipedia
Sigh No More is the second studio album released by German power metal band, Gamma Ray in 1991 by Noise Records. Beginning a trend that would continue until their fifth studio release, the band's lineup changed from the previous album, with Uli Kusch replacing Mathias Burchardt on drums and Dirk Schlächter officially joining the band on guitars.
Gr_snm.jpg

Father and Son

Full album, Enjoy!