Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite TV Shows

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I am a binge viewer on Hulu and Netflix.....and there a quite a few tv series On Demand, too.

The Originals
Shameless
Supernatural
American Horror Story

Mr. Gregory

Madam Secretary
Designated Survivor
Superstore
Humans
The Good Place
Kitchen Nightmares

I also enjoyed Falling Skies and Last Resort when they were on.

The only one of those that I've been watching lately is Kitchen Nightmares, since it's the only one of those shows that is currently available on Amazon Prime and is downloadable for offline viewing. Gotta save that money for music!

:headbang:

DrMaddVibe

Game of Thrones
The Wire
The Sopranos
Dexter
Breaking Bad

AWESOME LIST!!! All faves of mine too!

I'd add to it...

The Killing (Only on Netflix because they bought it to finish it!)
Les Revenants...not the American version...the subtitled one. It's so visually stimulating in HD!
Justified
Sons of Anarchy
Little Britain
True Blood...BUT...it does go off track...#TeamErik
Deadwood

Last edited:

brenluvbirds

OMG I don't watch TV much anymore. I still like:

the Simpsons (old and new episodes)
American Dad
The First 48
A Haunting

that's about it. I don't even watch the news anymore unless I hear about something in passing and need more details. I usually get my news from radio or the internet.

Lynch

Current shows:
  • Archer (FXX)
  • Last Man Standing (ABC for the first few seasons, returning to Fox this fall)
  • Daredevil (Netflix)
  • The Ranch (Netflix)
  • Game of Thrones (HBO)
  • American Gods (Starz)

Honestly, I can't think of one single show on TV outside of these ones that I've seen that I care to even mention. I'm sure there is something, but I'm at a loss.

No Longer on the Air: (I am sure I'll miss something here, just making a quick list)
  • Deadwood
  • Sopranos
  • Scrubs
  • Cheers
  • Dexter
  • Breaking Bad
  • Californication
  • Justified
  • Penny Dreadful
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Desperate Housewives (up to the last couple of seasons)
  • Entourage
  • The Tudors
  • Person of Interest
  • Futurama
  • Black Sails
  • The Flintstones
  • The Honeymooners

Still on the air, but I no longer watch it:
  • Simpsons - I don't want to say they jumped the shark, but I just think that much of the material is far weaker than it used to be. Add in the stupid political slant that they've added in recent seasons, I just don't give a crap about them anymore. But in their day, one of the best shows, ever.
  • Walking Dead - ok, it's still on, but this show jumped the shark (at the lastest) by the end of S4 - it's dead to me, thus my placement of it here. Everything after that point makes me roll my eyes and throw my hands up in the air.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Right now I have been binge watching a couple series on Netflix.

Dead to Me. Christina Applegate plays a good part in this one. She jams in her car to death metal.......lol.

Grace and Frankie. Lilly Tomlin & Jane Fonda along with Martin Sheen all play really good roles...the show is friggin hilarious.

Lately I have been watching tons of horror anthology series that I always enjoyed.

Masters of Horror
Twilight Zone - The newer and old ones
Tales from the Crypt
Outer Limits
Night Gallery
The Hitchhiker
Tales from the Darkside

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I am still binge watching series on Netflix...

Just completed season 1 of Nothern Rescue....featuring William Baldwin. It's ok. I'm not going to get excited for season 2...

Been watching The Originals, which is a spin-off from Vampire Diaries.....and MUCH MUCH better than Vampire Diaries. I just started season 5 last night. Then I will have to wait for season 6.

Mr. Gregory

I don't watch much TV these days - only for the hour and a half or so per week that it takes to get my laundry done. I've been watching Law & Order: SVU during that time. Awesome show. Sometimes the laundromat will even have it on.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I don't watch much TV these days - only for the hour and a half or so per week that it takes to get my laundry done. I've been watching Law & Order: SVU during that time. Awesome show. Sometimes the laundromat will even have it on.
Now that I am stuck inside with the broken ankle, that is all I do is watch TV and play on my computer. I know BORING!!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Boring? Says who? I spend the majority of my free time on my PS4 and my Kindle Fire. Nothing wrong with that. (y)
I'd rather be outside. However, today it is like 90 degrees and sweltering, so I am not going to complain about it too much.
After I eat, I will put my big arse on the couch with my foot up, and finish watching The Originals.

Mr. Gregory

I'd rather be outside. However, today it is like 90 degrees and sweltering, so I am not going to complain about it too much.
After I eat, I will put my big arse on the couch with my foot up, and finish watching The Originals.
You are the absolute opposite of me. I'm not an outdoorsy person at all. Give me a good game, album, book, and/or an Internet connection, and I'm pretty much set. (y)

Lynch

I don't watch hardly anything on TV (as I mentioned a while back). Mostly watch shows on Netflix.

Game of Thrones just finished (unfortunately, yet thankfully ... what a trainwreck of a season).

I just started season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet. This is a cute show. I can see why people are all up in arms about it ending after the third season with no closure point.

Trying to decide if I want to watch Designated Survivor on Netflix. I like Kiefer in most things, but after how disappointing House of Cards got, I'm not sure I want to invest time into another political drama. Speaking of train wrecks, S6 of House of Cards was so painful to watch, I couldn't even get through it and it was a shortened season.

Edit: sorry, I guess I answered "what are you watching now" rather than "what are your favorite TV show". :unsure:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@Lynch

you wouldn't be watching the shows if you didn't like them, right? So feel free to post whatever you are watching or what you like or dislike.

I watched Santa Clarita Diet and was kinda pissed off that Netflix decided to cancel the show. I like these darker comedies.

I think the next series I will start watching once I finish season 5 of The Originals, will be Lucifer. The previews look decent.

A while back I watched Ozark.....with Jason Bateman. This is an outstanding series. I am waiting on season 3 to come out.......to see how deep the story line gets into the drug cartel and money laundering. Jason Bateman is the director and he has "tweeted" that the show will continue for a couple more seasons.

Mr. Gregory

Trying to decide if I want to watch Designated Survivor on Netflix. I like Kiefer in most things, but after how disappointing House of Cards got, I'm not sure I want to invest time into another political drama.
I liked Designated Survivor - not quite as much as I liked Madam Secretary, but I did like it. I only saw the first season, but it was good. I only stopped watching it because it's not available on Amazon Prime anymore (and I don't have Netflix anymore). If you're even remotely interested, you should at least check out the first season.