Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Honey

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
LDN-L-DIRTYHONEY-0416-01-1.jpg

Official Website

Members:
  • Marc LaBelle – vocals
  • John Notto – guitar
  • Justin Smolian – bass guitar
  • Corey Coverstone – drums
Albums:

• Dirty Honey EP (2019)
  • Dirty Honey (2021)
  • Can’t Findthe Brakes (2023)

Dirty Honey is a hard rock/blues rock band from California that formed in 2017.

Let's Go Crazy (Prince) this song kicked off the NHL Winter Classic on Jan. 1, 2022. and it doesn't appear on their Debut album.

https___images.genius.com_bc26a225cde8341ec2f9003a45918cde.960x960x1.jpg

Dirty Honey EP tracklist:
1. When I'm Gone
2. Rolling 7's
3. Heartbreaker
4. Down the Road
5. Scars
6. Break You

Full EP:

https___images.genius.com_fb99630c60a3a10a530f5f3eed7c1d13.500x500x1.jpg

The Debut Album Tracklist:
1. “California Dreamin'” NOTE: this is not a cover song
2. “The Wire”
3. “Tied Up”
4. “Take My Hand”
5. “Gypsy”
6. “No Warning”
7. “The Morning”
8. “Another Last Time”

California Dreamin"

The Wire

Another Last Time

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
They have done another cover song which I really like.............and y'all know Aerosmith is my favorite band.

Last Child

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
These guys are phenomenal live. Check out this live set done for Harley Davidson:

:headbang:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
They opened for the Black Crowes on their recent tour. A friend of mine uploaded some footage from the TN show. Great sounding band.
I really like 'em. They kinda remind me of The Black Crowes....

The vocalist is amazing!

I just listened to Dirty Honey's 2019 EP, and I was going to make a thread about it, but then I found this one, so I'll put my thoughts here.

Although their lead vocals have a clear Robert Plant-inspired sound, Dirty Honey strike me as mostly a mix between 70s rock and a grittier, more modern 90s alternative sound, though there are influences from every decade since the 70s.

When I'm Gone is a fun 70s style tune. Rolling 7s borrows its verse riff from early Van Halen, specifically Running with the Devil, and the chorus feels very Zeppelin-esque. Heartbreaker has probably the most interesting and unusual sounding riff on the EP, and the song has more of a 90s alternative feel to it. Down the Road is a typical power ballad. Scars is the weakest track of the EP, with a very simplistic riff that feels like it belongs on a 00s pop rock song. Break You is also a mediocre/average song.

All in all, the EP starts out strong and leaves a positive impression with the first few tracks, but it gradually peters out and ends on a weak note. Even a lot of its highs though feel recycled from better bands. Overall a mixed bag, but definitely better than Greta van Fleet.

I really like 'em. They kinda remind me of The Black Crowes....

The vocalist is amazing!
Probably because Black Crowes are another band going for a mostly retro-70s style decades after the 70s ended. Black Crowes are also a 90s band, and Dirty Honey also has a good deal of 90s influence too. They fall in the same boat.