Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bio and info about bands

Mr. Gregory

Yeah, there's a format we tend to follow on here. This is how I usually do it, but this is not necessarily the be-all and end-all:

Picture of band (I download a picture of them and then attach it using the "attach files" link underneath the text box I'm creating the post in)

Official Website (use the link button in the text editor and put the URL in there)

Current members:
  • Vocalist(s) (one per line)
  • Guitarist(s) (one per line)
  • Bassist
  • Other instrument players (if any, one per line)
  • Drummer
Notable former members (if any):
  • Notable former member 1
  • Notable former member 2
  • etc.
Albums (listed in chronological order):
  • Album 1 (year album 1 came out)
  • Album 2 (year album 2 came out)
  • etc.
I then write a description of the band in my own words. I usually consult Wikipedia or the official band's website for the band members' names, the band's history (if I'm not familiar with it), etc. and paraphrase from them if there's anything that I discover while doing my research that I don't already know. If there are links to Wikipedia pages about the band members, albums, etc., I just copy and paste those links directly in those sections of the thread.

Some of my band threads tend to read more like blog entries, but that's just my particular writing style.

After the description, I post videos of my favorite and/or their most popular songs - generally one or two from each album. I try to look for videos from the band's or record label's official channel, or the auto-generated ones from YouTube, so they don't get deleted or removed from YouTube and leave you with dead video links. I also post the song names and the album they came from above each video for posterity.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's a format we tend to follow on here. This is how I usually do it, but this is not necessarily the be-all and end-all:

Picture of band (I download a picture of them and then attach it using the "attach files" link underneath the text box I'm creating the post in)

Current members:
  • Vocalist
  • Guitarist
  • Bassist
  • Drummer
  • Other instrument players (if any)
Notable former members (if any):
  • Notable former member 1
  • Notable former member 2
Albums:
  • Album 1 (year album 1 came out)
  • Album 2 (year album 2 came out)
I then write a description of the band in my own words. I usually consult Wikipedia or the official band's website for the band members' names, the band's history (if I'm not familiar with it), etc. and paraphrase from them if there's anything that I discover while doing my research that I don't already know. If there are links to Wikipedia pages about the band members, albums, etc., I just copy and paste those links directly in those sections of the thread.

Some of my band threads tend to read more like blog entries, but that's just my particular writing style.
@Mr. Gregory Cool thank you after i had posted some threads i realized other members had done a bio ..but i was not sure how ...i understand now ...i will get right ...silly newbie lol thanks again appreciate your help

Mr. Gregory

@Mr. Gregory Cool thank you after i had posted some threads i realized other members had done a bio ..but i was not sure how ...i understand now ...i will get right ...silly newbie lol thanks again appreciate your help
No problem! Yeah, I did the same thing as you at first but caught on pretty quick. Ha ha.

I edited my post to explain my approach to video posting.

Mr. Gregory

No problem. Oh, and I forgot, we usually post a link to the band's official website underneath the picture using the link tool above the text box. Put the URL of the site in the URL section - don't just post a direct link.

Again, these are not by any means official rules. This is just how I do it.

No problem. Oh, and I forgot, we usually post a link to the band's official website underneath the picture using the link tool above the text box. Put the URL of the site in the URL section - don't just post a direct link.

Again, these are not by any means official rules. This is just how I do it.
Cool you live and learn ..figured to be safe and ask instead of continuing to be the oddball ...thanks again 👊✊