Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussie rock

Right. I'm Aussie and proud to boot. I'd like to spend a few words on Australian rock. Australia has always had a rather "rockish" attitude ever since Johnny O'Keefe :):) hit the scene on the 1950s with his special brand of r n r created around Aussie customs and traditions.
O'Keefe sparked the rock movement and the rest is history: even before AC/DC, Wolfmother and Airbourne, there were valid bands like The Valentines, a Sydney band ft Bon Scott on vocals, then came the early Bee Gees (pre-disco), Daddy Cool, the 70s band Fraternity, again ft a renewed Bon Scott :), Jimmie Barnes and the Aztecs, Max Merritt & the Meteors, an Aussie/ NZ band, the Saints, Skyhooks, Flash in the Pan, Radio Birdman ft Rob Younger & Deniz Tek, Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons, Helen Reddy, The Veronicas, etc etc.
What do you all think of Aussie rock ? What are your fav bands/singers from Australia ? Some of my fav Aussie bands are among the above-mentioned; some other bands I like include : -
Lycanthia, a gothic doom metal band from Sydney

Stonefield

Don't be shy, post your fav Aussie bands/ singers here :)

Rob Younger & Radio Birdman - there used to be a radio show in Sydney when I was a teen called Radio Birdman and it used to wake me up every morning at 7:00 with a rooster sound I never forgot :):)