Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angel of Retribution (2005)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Angel of Retribution
Artist: Judas Priest
Genre: Heavy Metal
Released: 2005

Tracks:
1 - Judas Rising - 4:13
2 - Deal With the Devil - 3:54
3 - Revolution - 4:42
4 - Worth Fighting For - 4:18
5 - Demonizer - 4:37
6 - Wheels of Fire - 3:46
7 - Angel - 4:24
8 - Hellrider - 6:23
9 - Eulogy - 2:52
10 - Lochness - 13:29

Overview:
Angel of Retribution is the 15th studio album by British heavy metal band Judas Priest, released in 2005. It marks the return of Rob Halford, after a 12 year departure from the band. The album debuted at #13 on the U.S. Billboard chart, which made it the second highest chart of a Judas Priest album (only before Nostradamus). It also marked the first time Judas Priest have been the number 1 artist on a national chart (in Greece). The album was produced by Roy Z, who co-wrote the song "Deal with the Devil".

Lynch

Amazingly great album returning to form after nearly 15 years (in studio) without Halford at the helm. This album kicks so much ass. I had average hopes for it before its release simply because I wasn't too big on the two Ripper albums (although I warmed up to both later on).

Rob proves that he is -the- voice in metal with this release, having lost nothing off of his glory days as the frontman of one of the most important metal bands of all time. I could listen to this album on a constant basis and NEVER get tired of it. I know that some of the critics weren't overly impressed with it at the time, however, I wonder if those same critics would same the same today after it has been out for 13 years.

Some cool bits of trivia regarding this album is that if you pay attention to the lyrics, there are a few songs that reference other, older songs in the Judas Priest catalog.

One song that really grabbed me the first time I heard it was Lochness. It's slower and it's a long song (topping 13+ minutes), but to me has a great slow, grindy, metal feel to it. I guess a sort of ambiance that we don't hear in most JP tunes. A great way to close out the album.

Lochness

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB