Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Metal Alestorm

SiphonOfDestruction

Current Lineup
Christopher Bowes – lead vocals, keytar
Gareth Murdock – bass
Peter Alcorn – drums
Elliot Vernon – keyboards, unclean vocals
Máté Bodor – guitars

Album Discography (Studio)
Captain Morgan's Revenge (2008)
Black Sails at Midnight (2009)
Back Through Time (2011)
Sunset on the Golden Age (2014)
No Grave But the Sea (2017)
Curse of the Crystal Coconut (2020)

Official Website: http://www.alestorm.net/

Basic information from Wikipedia...
Alestorm is a multi-national pirate metal band originally from Perth, Scotland. Their music is characterized by a pirate theme, and as a result they have been dubbed a "pirate metal" band by many critics and their fanbase. Alestorm has released five studio albums, five EPs and singles, and one live album.
Alestorm play a combination of styles of metal. They are generally classified as power metal and folk metal. The band refer to themselves as "Pirate Metal" and are identifiable by the pirate-themed lyrics in their songs. Alestorm's music utilizes the upbeat epic style of power metal with many orchestrations commonly found in folk metal. Album recordings feature heavy use of real trumpets and trombones, whilst implementing accordion synths, fiddle and tin whistle to convey a pirate sea shanty feel. Alestorm uses factors of absurdity to bring a jocular feel to their music, incorporating irreverent lyrical themes while retaining a tenuous connection to pirates.

They have also been known to experiment with different metal genres, going from songs that are predominantly thrash metal ("Black Sails At Midnight") to a switch to a black metal sonority mid-song ("Death Throes Of The Terrorsquid").

SiphonOfDestruction

They are capable of their both their renowned (or notorious) comedy theme and genre diversification alike! I can for sure say they have become an established power/folk band, if anything. They are one of my favorites..

I saw these guys live last year and everyone was shacefitted. Best party concert I've ever been to! Their frontman called a nice broad up on stage and she danced around to this song... She loved it. Lots of fun stage antics and friendly company that day...

Suh Dude

Alestorm is simply another band I haven't listened to just because I'm lazy. I've heard an album here and there, but I've never really sat down and listened. I know they're pretty good and I should listen to them more. But again, I'm just lazy.

Latest posts