Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accept (1979)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Accept
Artist: Accept
Genre: Heavy Metal
Released: 1979

Tracks:
1 - Lady Lou - 3:02
2 - Tired of Me - 3:15
3 - Seawinds - 4:32
4 - Take Him in My Heart - 3:32
5 - Sounds of War - 4:38
6 - Free Me Now - 3:02
7 - Glad to Be Alone - 5:14
8 - That's Rock 'n' Roll - 2:53
9 - Helldriver - 2:42
10 - Street Fighter - 3:28

Overview:
Accept is the self-titled debut album released by the German heavy metal band Accept. It was recorded in 1978 and released in early 1979 on the German label Brain Records. Drums on the record are played by Frank Friedrich, but he chose not to pursue a professional music career and so his place was taken by Stefan Kaufmann just prior to the album's release. Bassist Peter Baltes performs lead vocals on "Seawinds" and "Sounds of War".
Guitarist Wolf Hoffmann later remembered the debut as simply a collection of songs the band had worked up over the band's formative years, with no real focus for the band yet: "We were just playing songs that we had always played. It was material that had gathered up over the first few months and years of our existence and it was a mixture of all kinds of stuff." He also recalls it selling around 3,000 copies. Lead vocalist Udo Dirkschneider expressed dissatisfaction with the group's first effort looking back on it: "Naturally, it was very exciting for us the first time we entered a recording studio but also disappointing at the same time." Accept would gain better production values and a more cohesive direction on future releases, but the debut was an important early step that gained them the ability to play the neighbouring countries of Belgium, The Netherlands and France for the first time.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB