Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yer' Album (1969)

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Yer' Album
Artist: James Gang
Genre: Classic Rock
Released: 1969

Tracks:
1 - Tuning Part One - 0:40
2 - Take a Look Around - 6:18
3 - Funk #48 - 2:46
4 - Bluebird - 6:02
5 - Lost Woman - 9:06
6 - Stone Rap - 1:00
7 - Collage - 4:02
8 - I Don't Have the Time - 2:49
9 - Wrapcity in English - 0:57
10 - Fred - 4:09
11 - Stop - 12:04

Overview:
"Yer' Album" is the debut studio album by the American rock band, James Gang. The album was released in early 1969, on the labels Bluesway, and ABC. This is the James Gang's only album to feature their bassist Tom Kriss, he was later replaced by Dale Peters for their next album. The album is notable for being the first album to feature guitarist, Joe Walsh, who would later achieve great success as a solo artist and with the Eagles.

This album relies heavily on cover songs, including Bluebird from Buffalo Springfield; Lost Woman from the Yardbirds; and Stop recorded a year earlier by Al Kooper and Mike Bloomfield for the Super Session album.

In the locked groove at the end of side 1 of the LP version of the album (which is normally silent on most phonograph records), the spoken phrase "Turn me over" repeats in a loop, while the locked groove at the end of side 2 repeats the phrase "Play me again".

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB