Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you listening to, heavy metal version ?

Mr. Gregory

While watching Heilung's official video for Krigsgaldr on YouTube, I was introduced to this interesting, lovely little lady, Eivør. Like Heilung, this isn't metal. It's a fusion of traditional folk and futuristic music. The lyrics are all in Faroese, and English translations are provided in the video descriptions.

I'm digging it! I love weird, different stuff like this. These are all from her album Slør, which came out back in 2015. I think I'm gonna go buy it and give it a listen.

Mr. Gregory

Yep, I've listened to Slør several times now and can't get enough of it. It's easily one of the best albums I've heard all year. I wish it was longer - it only lasts thirty-something minutes. I highly recommend it, though.

41MlqM5-a6L.jpg

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
@A.C. Anton Never heard of that band. Had to look Woods Of Ypres up. I book marked them for exploration. I am always looking for new stuff to listen to.

Mr. Gregory

So, I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Diabulus in Musica, but I do like these two songs. I love the keyboard/synthesizer in the intro of the first one, and I love the chugging guitars in the verses of the second one. I listened to their album Argia again the other day. It's aight. The lead singer, Zuberoa Aznárez, is a little cutie. :giggle:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
just put this bad boy on.......and my ears are bleeding......lol

Edit: I don't like this album too much. I am partial to Scream Aim Fire.