Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Website

Members:

Albums:

Thrice is an American hard rock band from Irvine, California. They were founded in 1998 by Dustin Kensrue and Teppei Teranishi. They started off with more of a metalcore sound with their first two albums the illusion of safety and the artist in the ambulance. With their third album, Vheissu they became more experimental adding keyboards and electonic beats. With the alchemey index volumes 1,2, 3, and 4 they became even more experimental. They each represent the 4 classical elements ( fire, water, earth, and air. Thrice has continued to evolve with the albums beggars, major/minor, to be everywhere is to be nowhere and Palms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Gregory

One of my all-time favorite alternative rock bands right there, man. I started listening to them early in college, ever since I heard "Stare At The Sun" in SSX 3, which is probably my favorite video game of all time and actually had a profound influence on my life in several ways, including musically.

I was so disappointed when they said they were done after Major/Minor and then thrilled when they came back and made To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere. They've only gotten better over time. Looking forward to hearing Palms this September.

Promises (from Major/Minor)

Black Honey (from To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere)

The Grey (from Palms)

One of my all-time favorite alternative rock bands right there, man. I started listening to them early in college, ever since I heard "Stare At The Sun" in SSX 3, which is probably my favorite video game of all time and actually had a profound influence on my life in several ways, including musically.

I was so disappointed when they said they were done after Major/Minor and then thrilled when they came back and made To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere. They've only gotten better over time. Looking forward to hearing Palms this September.

Promises (from Major/Minor)

Black Honey (from To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere)

The Grey (from Palms)

I have stumbled on to a lot of bands because of video game soundtracks. I remeber Dave Mirra and the Tony Hawk games had really good soundtracks.

Mr. Gregory

I have stumbled on to a lot of bands because of video game soundtracks. I remeber Dave Mirra and the Tony Hawk games had really good soundtracks.
Yep. I was really into EA games back in the day, and they always had great soundtracks. One of the NBA Live games introduced me to Jurassic 5, and the SSX series introduced me to Hybrid, Thrice, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, and The Naked and Famous, just to name a few groups off the top of my head.

Yep. I was really into EA games back in the day, and they always had great soundtracks. One of the NBA Live games introduced me to Jurassic 5, and the SSX series introduced me to Hybrid, Thrice, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, and The Naked and Famous, just to name a few groups off the top of my head.
I haven't thought about Jurassic 5 in a longtime. Very innovative group.

Mr. Gregory

I forgot that Palms came out last month. I bought it last night. I've only listened to a few tracks so far, but I can already see this one growing on me over time. I like the electronic elements that show up in some of the songs.

Only Us (opening track)

Marriages' lead vocalist, Emma Ruth Rundle, did guest vocals on this one:

Just Breathe

Epitaph Records, Thrice's label, is streaming the full album on YouTube here:

Thrice - Palms (Full Album Stream)