Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Miracle (1989)

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Miracle
Artist: Queen
Genre: Rock
Released: 1989

Tracks:
1 - Party - 2:24
2 - Khashoggi's Ship - 2:48
3 - The Miracle - 5:02
4 - I Want It All - 4:33
5 - The Invisible Man - 3:56
6 - Breakthru - 4:08
7 - Rain Must Fall - 4:23
8 - Scandal - 4:43
9 - My Baby Does Me - 3:22
10 - Was It All Worth It - 5:46
11 - Hang On in There - 3:46
12 - Chinese Torture - 1:45
13 - The Invisible Man (12" version) - 5:29
14 - Scandal (12" mix) - 6:33

Overview:
The Miracle is the thirteenth album by British rock band Queen, released in 1989. It was recorded as the band recovered from Brian May's marital problems and Freddie Mercury's AIDS diagnosis (which was, though known to the band, not publicised at the time). Recording started in January 1988 and lasted twelve months.

The album was originally going to be called "The Invisible Man", but three weeks before the release, according to Roger Taylor, they decided to change the name to The Miracle. The striking cover art utilised the Quantel Paintbox, then state of the art image-manipulation technology, to combine photographs of the familiar faces of the four band members into one morphed Gestalt image, in line with their decision to dispense with individual credits and simply present their music as the product of Queen; the back cover went a step further with a seamless regiment of the bands' eyes. The album reached #1 in the UK, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands, and Switzerland, and #24 on the US Billboard 200 chart. The Miracle is estimated to have sold 9.5 million copies. Allmusic would name it as Queen's best album of the 1980s, along with The Game.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB