Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Keys

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
(y)

I like The Black Keys as well as The White Stripes....which are very similar IMO. But I like The Black Keys a tad more........

I have a love / hate relationship with these raw sounding garage bands. I like the bluesy feel they have, but they always sound like they are singing and playing in a tin can. I guess that is what appeals to their fans. However, Dan's voice is so soulful...and I like that.

This song got a lot of radio play in my area....

Howlin' For You

(y)

I like The Black Keys as well as The White Stripes....which are very similar IMO. But I like The Black Keys a tad more........

I have a love / hate relationship with these raw sounding garage bands. I like the bluesy feel they have, but they always sound like they are singing and playing in a tin can. I guess that is what appeals to their fans. However, Dan's voice is so soulful...and I like that.

This song got a lot of radio play in my area....

Howlin' For You
I also prefer the black keys over the white stripes. I like the fact they both proved you dont need a bunch of frills to make good rock music. Dan's voice reminds me of Muddy Waters at times. Yeah i can get the tin can analogy. I think sometimes these type of bands try to sound raw just for sake of being raw

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Strange Desire

This song puts me in mind of the 60's hard acid rock

This song is more of a ballad but it shows off Dan's soulfulness. It is one of my favs by them. Plus there is some nice slide guitar in this song