Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky Fingers (1971)

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sticky Fingers
Artist: The Rolling Stones
Genre: Rock
Released: 1971

Tracks:
1 - Brown Sugar - 3:50
2 - Sway - 3:52
3 - Wild Horses - 5:43
4 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - 7:15
5 - You Gotta Move - 2:33
6 - Bitch - 3:38
7 - I Got the Blues - 3:54
8 - Sister Morphine - 5:34
9 - Dead Flowers - 4:05
10 - Moonlight Mile - 5:55

Overview:
Sticky Fingers is the ninth British and 11th American studio album by English rock band The Rolling Stones, released in April 1971. It is the band's first album of the 1970s and its first release on the band's newly formed label, Rolling Stones Records, after having been contracted since 1963 with Decca Records in the UK and London Records in the US. It is also Mick Taylor's first full-length appearance on a Rolling Stones album, the first Rolling Stones album not to feature any contributions from guitarist and founder Brian Jones and the first one on which Mick Jagger is credited with playing guitar.
The album is often regarded as one of the Stones' best, containing songs such as the chart-topping "Brown Sugar" and the folk-influenced "Wild Horses", along with the 2 part, Latin-inspired, "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and achieving triple platinum certification in the US.

Lynch

It always amazes me that they didn't make Can't You Hear Me Knocking into a single. They could have very easily done a shortened version of the song with it fading out around the 2:45 mark in the song. it would have been short, but that was par for the course in a LOT of hits back in those days.

DrMaddVibe

It always amazes me that they didn't make Can't You Hear Me Knocking into a single. They could have very easily done a shortened version of the song with it fading out around the 2:45 mark in the song. it would have been short, but that was par for the course in a LOT of hits back in those days.
BUT...you'd ALWAYS opt for the long version.

It's a monster of a song and showcases Bobby Keys abilities with the sax...again.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB