Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shout at the Devil (1983)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Shout at the Devil
Artist: Mötley Crüe
Genre: Glam Metal
Released: 1983

Tracks:
1 - In the Beginning - 1:14
2 - Shout at the Devil - 3:14
3 - Looks That Kill - 4:07
4 - Bastard - 2:53
5 - God Bless the Children of the Beast - 1:30
6 - Helter Skelter - 3:12
7 - Red Hot - 3:21
8 - Too Young to Fall in Love - 3:35
9 - Knock 'em Dead, Kid - 3:43
10 - Ten Seconds to Love - 4:18
11 - Danger - 3:51
12 - Shout at the Devil (demo) - 3:18
13 - Looks That Kill (demo) - 5:06
14 - Hotter Than Hell (demo) - 2:51
15 - I Will Survive - 3:22
16 - Too Young to Fall in Love (demo) - 3:02

Overview:
Shout at the Devil is the second album by American heavy metal band Mötley Crüe, released on September 26, 1983. The singles "Looks That Kill" and "Too Young to Fall in Love" were moderate hits for the band.

Shout at the Devil was Mötley Crüe's breakthrough success, bringing them to international attention. The album's title and the band's use of a pentagram brought the band a great deal of controversy upon its 1983 release, as Christian and conservative groups claimed the band was encouraging their listeners to worship Satan.

Lynch

Another album that deserved a 6 rating on the 1-5 scale.

My first real exposure to Motley Crue was when I saw the broadcast from the 1983 US Festival, which was a few months before Shout at the Devil came out. I'm pretty sure that they did 3 or 4 songs from this album as well as 4 or 5 from their debut. I was impressionable and boy did this guys leave an impression. I picked up Shout at the Devil on cassette right after it came out. Pretty sure I wore out that first cassette within a year or two and had to replace it with another as well as the vinyl.

I love the raw intensity of their debut album, but this album is what grabbed me. Easily my favorite MC album, one of my favorite albums of the genre/decade and also one of my favorite albums of all time. So much good from these bad boys. One of my all-time favorite cover tracks is on this album with Helter Skelter. I know that some Beatles die-hards will cringe at that comment. I don't care. I love the original, but Motley Crue took what McCartney was trying for and injected it with Jack Daniels a bit more angst then McCartney ever could. The MC version is more of a kick in the balls than a slap in the face (like the original).

Helter Skelter:

My other two biggest favorites, aside from the title track:

Ten Seconds to Love

Knock 'Em Dead Kid

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB