Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shinedown-brownPhoto-Credit-Jimmy-Fontaine.jpg

Official Website

Current Members:
  • Brent Smith – lead vocals (2001–present)
  • Zach Myers – lead guitar, backing vocals (2008–present) rhythm guitar (2005–2008)
  • Eric Bass – bass, backing vocals (2008–present)
  • Barry Kerch – drums (2001–present)

Shinedown is an American hard rock band from Jacksonville, Flordia. They were founded by frontman Brent Smith.

Albums include
Leave a Whisper
Us and Them
The Sound of Madness.
Amaryllis
Threat to Survival
Attention Attention

My favorite album by them is Us and Them. Brent Smith is an exceptional vocalist who sounds a little like Chris Cornell.

Last edited:

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Another grungy band that I use to listen to quite a bit. I like the Us and Them album as well as The Sound of Madness. Amaryllis is pretty good, too.

The Sound of Madness

The Crow & The Butterfly (my fave off the album)

Lynch

I don't know a lot by Shinedown. My daughter is a big fan. The songs that I do know, I really do like, so I'm doing myself a disservice by not listening to more stuff from them.

MY favorite is still their remake of the Lynyrd Skynyrd classic, Simple Man. The following version of that (since they have a few) is my favorite. There's an agony in his voice that really gives it a different element that I never heard from Skynyrd. It's also a nice touch to just be the vocalist and an acoustic guitar, nothing else. Stripped down, yet powerful.

Shinedown - Simple Man

Lynch

Another song that I really dig, is the Breaking Inside with Lzzy Hale

I'm a HUGE fan of almost anything that Lzzy does, so that is what first caught my attention to this song. It didn't take any time at all to grow on me.

Hammy

I like their first 4 albums. My favorite out of the 4 is Sound of Madness. Haven't kept up with the newer material, so can't vouch for any of it. I'd have to agree with @gregjohnson1229 that Brent Smith sounds a lot like Chris Cornell with this twist, he is the love child between Chris and Scott Stapp and the step dad is Chad Kroeger. Honestly, all 4 have a similar vocal style. (don't get me wrong, I like their voices)

Didn't see this chill song posted yet from the debut album Burning Bright.