Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FA3A6065-7D21-46D3-B143-F8723A169708.jpeg

Members

Freddie Mercury
Brian May
Roger Taylor
John Deacon

Discography
Studio albums

Queen (1973)
Queen II (1974)
Sheer Heart Attack (1974)
A Night at the Opera (1975)
A Day at the Races (1976)
News of the World (1977)
Jazz (1978)
The Game (1980)
Flash Gordon (1980)
Hot Space (1982)
The Works (1984)
A Kind of Magic (1986)
The Miracle (1989)
Innuendo (1991)
Made in Heaven (1995)

Queen are a British rock band that formed in London in 1970. Their classic line-up was Freddie Mercury (lead vocals, piano), Brian May (lead guitar, vocals), Roger Taylor (drums, vocals), and John Deacon (bass guitar). Queen's earliest works were influenced by progressive rock, hard rock and heavy metal, but the band gradually ventured into more conventional and radio-friendly works by incorporating further styles, such as arena rock and pop rock, into their music. Queen first charted in the UK with their second album, Queen II, in 1974, but it was the release of Sheer Heart Attack later that year and A Night at the Opera in 1975 which brought them international success. The latter featured "Bohemian Rhapsody", which stayed at number one in the UK for nine weeks and also helped to popularise the music video. The band's 1977 album News of the World contained "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions", which have become anthems at sporting events. By the early 1980s, Queen were one of the biggest stadium rock bands in the world. "Another One Bites the Dust" (1980) became their best-selling single, while their 1981 compilation album Greatest Hits is the best-selling album in the UK and is certified eight times platinum in the US. Their performance at the 1985 Live Aid concert has been ranked among the greatest in rock history by various music publications.
from wikipedia.org

Last edited:

DrMaddVibe

Freddie is the only singer to actually make the hair on the back of my neck stand up during a concert. This happened while the rest of the band went offstage for a break and it was just him and his piano...singing to the crowd.

Once again its the deeper cuts that makes me a fan!

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that Video @DrMaddVibe. It was very interesting. I knew he had an incredible range. The way the video broke down his vocal styles in Bohemian Rhapsody was very interesting. I didn't know the opening of Bohemian Rhapsody was actually a combined 5 different tracks of Freddie's voice. It was interesting how they explained why the phonics of his voice had such wide appeal.

Another vocalist who people never talk much about is Barry Gibb. He is another with a unique voice and excellent range. But not everyone is into the Bee Gee's......lol. Steven Tyler had an impressive vocal range, too.

DrMaddVibe

Thanks for that Video @DrMaddVibe. It was very interesting. I knew he had an incredible range. The way the video broke down his vocal styles in Bohemian Rhapsody was very interesting. I didn't know the opening of Bohemian Rhapsody was actually a combined 5 different tracks of Freddie's voice. It was interesting how they explained why the phonics of his voice had such wide appeal.

Another vocalist who people never talk much about is Barry Gibb. He is another with a unique voice and excellent range. But not everyone is into the Bee Gee's......lol. Steven Tyler had an impressive vocal range, too.

I'd include all four...yes Andy too...their ranges and harmonies were spectacular. That "GA GA GA GA GA CHA GA GA GA" that Tyler does on occasion...

At the 3:50 till he runs it mark...amazing talent.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
I'd include all four...yes Andy too...their ranges and harmonies were spectacular. That "GA GA GA GA GA CHA GA GA GA" that Tyler does on occasion...

At the 3:50 till he runs it mark...amazing talent.
Yess, all the Gibb brothers were great vocalists.

I have always called Tyler a screamin demon...lol.

I know I'm taking this thread way off topic, but I read somewhere that Axl Rose had the greatest vocal range of anyone. I never associated his voice with a good range, though. He always sounded like a "screech" instead of a clear high note.

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
Today, September 5th would have been Freddie Mercury's 72nd birthday. (born in 1946)

Latest posts