Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Tears (1991)

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: No More Tears
Artist: Ozzy Osbourne
Genre: Heavy Metal
Released: 1991

Tracks:
1 - Mr. Tinkertrain - 5:58
2 - I Don't Want to Change the World - 4:07
3 - Mama, I'm Coming Home - 4:13
4 - Desire - 5:47
5 - No More Tears - 7:25
6 - S.I.N. - 4:48
7 - Hellraiser - 4:54
8 - Time After Time - 4:22
9 - Zombie Stomp - 6:15
10 - A.V.H. - 4:14
11 - Road to Nowhere - 5:10

Overview:
No More Tears is the sixth studio album by British heavy metal vocalist Ozzy Osbourne. Released on 17 September 1991, the album charted at number 17 on the UK Albums Chart and number seven on the US Billboard 200 albums chart. No More Tears spawned five singles, of which four reached the top ten of the US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, including the number-two "Mama, I'm Coming Home", and it contains the Grammy winning track "I Don't Want To Change The World". It is also one of Osbourne's two best-selling albums in North America, along with Blizzard of Ozz, having been certified four times platinum by the RIAA and double platinum by CRIA. It is the last of Osbourne's albums to feature the work of drummer Randy Castillo and longtime bassist and lyricist Bob Daisley. To date, sales stand at over 5,000,000 copies worldwide.

Lynch

In my opinion, No More Tears was the last of the great Ozzy albums. Everything after this album has mere sprinkles of decent songs on them, but nothing like Blizzard of Ozz through No More Tears.

I like almost every song on the album, with my favorite being Hellraiser or maybe the title track. My least favorite is the song that might have been the biggest hit (on this particular album), Mama, I'm Coming Home. It's not a bad song, but far from his best work. Add to it, doing 20 years of karaoke shows also could have had an effect on why I'm not a fan of that one song. Anyway, back to Hellraiser, I hate hearing Lemmy's voice on this song. I know he co-wrote the song with Ozzy and Zakk, but the Motorhead version on the Hellraiser III soundtrack just grinds my gears.

Hellraiser

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB