Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrash Metal Metallica

Magic

Administrator
Staff member
metallica-band-eps-vector-logo.png

Official Website

Current Members:

Albums: (with links to album information)
9 Grammy Awards:
Full List of Awards & Nominations: Wiki

Metallica formed in 1981 when Lars Ulrich ran an advertisement in the news paper looking for musicians. James Hetfield replied to the ad, was hired, and the band was officially formed. Metallica's second gig was to open for Saxon, which gave them early live exposure and their first recording "Hit The Lights" was creating quite the "buzz" giving a bit more exposure. Metallica then made their first Demo, Power Metal, in 1982, which attracted even more attention.

The band began working on their debut album but internal band issues, finance, and record label problems led to a delay. After resolving the issues, the first album was recorded and released 1983. Metallica is a success!

Hit the Lights

Seek and Destroy

Lynch

Cool video that Metallica posted today. It is James describing a newer guitar that he had made from the wood that was in the original garage that they wrote Master of Puppets in.

Cool looking guitar, interesting little vid.

Oldhippie

Resident Yooper
I have to mention Metallica’s second bass player, Cliff Burton. Burton joined Metallica in 1983 after the departure of Ron McGoveny. Burton played with Metallica until September 27, 1986 when he died in a tour bus crash in Sweden. I loved to listen to him play bass, he played it like a lead guitar. I’ll just post this video instead of prattling on any longer.

DrMaddVibe

This is probably the most powerful song I've heard them do since Cliff's passing. THIS is Metallica.

I don't know if this is Robert whipping the band into shape or an old holdover that Jason couldn't really add to. Either way...I even like Lars' playing on this too! The solo for this is straight from the first 3 records...the stuff that made us love them to begin with!

This is another jewel from their latest release...

The lyrics are epic! The trash beat...there.

Suh Dude

I have a love/hate relationship with Metallica. On one hand, I've seen them live and I find their live shows to be far superior to their studio albums. However, their studo albums are great. That is if you listen to their pre-Death Magnetic years. I don't hate Death Magnetic, but I don't think their albums after that were particularly strong.

Still well deserving of being one of the big 4 of thrash.

Lynch

I haven't listened to that terribad album in quite a while. From memory, the only song that I really cared for was Some Kind of Monster.

Lynch

34 years ago this week, this masterpiece album was released...

Master of Puppets - March 3, 1986

1583474374118.png

Sorry to disappoint Metallica lovers, but Iron Maiden wiped them out as the greatest metal band of all time , voted at Planet Rock .....hundreds of 1000s of rock voters just cannot be wrong.....and neither can I !!!! :)
(If you don't believe me, ask and I'll provide the nifty link ) !!! :)

Latest posts