Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humanity: Hour I (2007)

Speed King

Content Creator
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Humanity: Hour I
Artist: Scorpions
Genre: Hard Rock
Released: 2007

Tracks:
1 - Hour I - 3:26
2 - The Game of Life - 4:04
3 - We Were Born to Fly - 3:59
4 - The Future Never Dies - 4:03
5 - You're Lovin' Me to Death - 3:15
6 - 321 - 3:53
7 - Love Will Keep Us Alive - 4:32
8 - We Will Rise Again - 3:49
9 - Your Last Song - 3:44
10 - Love Is War - 4:20
11 - The Cross - 4:29
12 - Humanity - 5:26

Overview:
Humanity: Hour I is the sixteenth studio album by the German heavy metal band Scorpions, which was released in Europe on May 14, 2007 and in the United States and Canada on August 28, 2007. Humanity: Hour 1 is a concept album based on a loose storyline by Sir Desmond Child and futurist Liam Carl, which predicts a world torn apart by a civil war between humans and robots. This apocalptic nightmare serves as a warning shot to all mankind, whose only hope of survival is to reclaim our humanity.
The album was produced by James Michael and Desmond Child, who also provide backing vocals. The song "Humanity" was performed for the first time by Scorpions on March 24, 2007 in Brussels, Belgium and released as the first single from the album.
Also of note is the band's logo on the album's cover: the text font is similar to their first two albums, as opposed to the band's more famous logo. This marks only the third time in the band's career (and the first time in 33 years) the less familiar font has been used. However, if one looks closely, their more familiar logo can be seen on the back of the neck of the female android.
The opening track "Hour I" has been used as the intro of the NHL's Minnesota Wild since the 2007-08 season.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB