Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face Dances (1981)

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Face Dances
Artist: The Who
Genre: Classic Rock
Released: 1981

Tracks:
1 - You Better You Bet - 5:37
2 - Don't Let Go the Coat - 3:48
3 - Cache Cache - 3:56
4 - The Quiet One - 3:09
5 - Did You Steal My Money - 4:15
6 - How Can You Do It Alone - 5:26
7 - Daily Records - 3:25
8 - You - 4:41
9 - Another Tricky Day - 4:56
10 - I Like Nightmares - 3:11
11 - It's in You - 5:01
12 - Somebody Saved Me - 5:31
13 - How Can You Do It Alone (live) - 5:27
14 - The Quiet One (live) - 4:32

Overview:
Face Dances is the ninth studio album by English rock band The Who. It was released in 1981 on Warner Bros. Records in the US (it was the band's first release on that label) and on Polydor Records in the UK. It was one of two Who studio albums with drummer Kenney Jones, who had replaced Keith Moon after his death three years earlier.
Although some jeered at the album, Roger Daltrey went on record saying he liked this album in a 1994 interview. Some critics, notably in the Boston Globe in a review in April 1981, said it was the Who's best album since 1973's Quadrophenia.
The album peaked at #4 on the US Billboard album charts (the chart topper was Styx's Paradise Theatre) and #2 on the UK album charts.
The album cover features paintings of the members by many British painters, who were commissioned by Peter Blake, designer of the cover of The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album. Artists include Tom Phillips, Richard Hamilton, Allen Jones, David Hockney, Clive Barker, R. B. Kitaj, Howard Hodgkin, Patrick Caulfield, and Blake himself.
In 1997, the album was re-mixed, remastered and re-released by MCA Records with three outtakes as well as two live tracks. The live track "How Can You Do It Alone" is an edited version of the live performance.
"You Better You Bet" was the first single from the album; its music video was one of the first music videos aired on MTV in 1981.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB