Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BLUE CHEER

brenluvbirds

7 years ago today, October 9, 2016, I wrote a letter to my friend "Speed King" and advised him that I finally discovered the band Blue Cheer! I had heard of them and wasn't sure if he knew or liked them. I save letters in my computer and that year ended badly with the death of a friend around Christmas time... Brian (Speed King) was one of the first people I told as I always felt I could talk to him. Now he is gone too... so it's little things like this that I treasure.

7 years ago today, October 9, 2016, I wrote a letter to my friend "Speed King" and advised him that I finally discovered the band Blue Cheer! I had heard of them and wasn't sure if he knew or liked them. I save letters in my computer and that year ended badly with the death of a friend around Christmas time... Brian (Speed King) was one of the first people I told as I always felt I could talk to him. Now he is gone too... so it's little things like this that I treasure.

We all miss SK a lot !! I knew him only here on the forum....never really met him, but it as if I had known him forever! Great guy indeed, hone too soon :(:(.
BC are up there in lights along with Grateful Dead, Grand Funk Railroad, Aerosmith, MC5 and all the other U.S. bands out there. Legend has it that BC look aunched the very first contemporary HM riff, even before Steppenwolf (which I love too) and were ahead of their time and very heavy too. Love their debut album and all the rest including their latest work !!!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kAYjfT2DQn8xMGoqGz6QC3IbPZoUlJux8&si=aeD75tKBi_G7v2Jj