Hard Rock Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blow Up Your Video (1988)

Speed King

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Blow Up Your Video
Artist: AC/DC
Genre: Hard Rock
Released: 1988

Tracks:
1 - Heatseeker - 3:50
2 - That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll - 3:45
3 - Meanstreak - 4:09
4 - Go Zone - 4:27
5 - Kissin' Dynamite - 3:59
6 - Nick of Time - 4:18
7 - Some Sin for Nuthin' - 4:11
8 - Ruff Stuff - 4:30
9 - Two's Up - 5:21
10 - This Means War - 4:23

Overview:
Blow Up Your Video is the eleventh studio album by Australian hard rock band AC/DC, first released on 18 January 1988. It was later released in the US on 1 February 1988. The album was recorded at the Miraval Studio in Le Val, France, in between August and September 1987.
The album was produced by Harry Vanda and George Young, the production team behind the band's early albums. This was also the final studio album to feature drummer Simon Wright. Although he wrote all the lyrics on the album, it would be the last on which Brian Johnson was credited as a songwriter (all songs on subsequent albums were written by the Young brothers). The title of the album was taken from a line in the song "That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll".
The album was the band's biggest-selling album of new material since For Those About to Rock We Salute You, being certified Platinum in the US. Blow Up Your Video reached #2 in the UK and #12 in the US. However, the band played four tracks from it on the subsequent world tour, "Heatseeker", "That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll", "Nick of Time" and "Go Zone". "Heatseeker" and "That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll" are also featured on AC/DC Live Collector's Edition. "Heatseeker" was a top 20 hit in the UK. The album was re-released in 2003 as part of the AC/DC Remasters series. During the Blow Up Your Video world tour, Malcolm Young decided not to participate in the North American leg, in order to get over an alcohol addiction. Filling in for him was Malcolm and Angus' nephew, Stevie Young, although Malcolm was present on the rest of the tour and in the Blow Up Your Video promotional videos. The album was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental in 1989, but lost to Jethro Tull's Crest of a Knave.
Outtakes from the recording sessions include the unreleased songs "Let It Loose" and "Alright Tonight", as well as other versions of "Heatseeker", and "That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll".

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB